By Gregory R. Hancock,Karen M. Samuelsen
Read or Download Advances in Latent Variable Mixture Models (Cilvr Series on Latent Variable Methodology) PDF
Best college & university education books
John Ogbu has studied minority schooling from a comparative viewpoint for over 30 years. The research suggested during this book--jointly subsidized through the group and the varsity district in Shaker Heights, Ohio--focuses at the educational functionality of Black American scholars. not just do those scholars practice much less good than White scholars at each social category point, but in addition much less good than immigrant minority scholars, together with Black immigrant scholars.
Undercuts the normal knowledge approximately failing colleges, deteriorating households, and useless public policies.
Why is it that, whereas ladies within the usa have in general made nice strides in constructing parity with their male opposite numbers in academic attainment, they continue to be considerably underrepresented within the fields of technological know-how, expertise, engineering, and arithmetic (STEM)? Why is it that, in percentage to the PhDs they receive in STEM, they reach fewer administrative and managerial positions in academia and than their numbers warrant and, in addition, are much more likely depart the sector as soon as all started of their careers?
Learn the inside track approximately America’s faculties and universities—rising pupil debt, affirmative motion debates, and conflicts among college and administrators—and it’s transparent that better schooling during this state is a complete mess. yet as David F. Labaree reminds us during this booklet, it’s regularly been that approach. And that’s precisely why it has turn into the main profitable and sought-after resource of studying on this planet.
- The Transformation of Global Higher Education, 1945-2015 (African Histories and Modernities)
- Higher Education, Fiscal Administration, and Budgeting: An Applied Approach
- Engaging Imagination: Helping Students Become Creative and Reflective Thinkers
- Latinos in Higher Education: Creating Conditions for Student Success: ASHE Higher Education Report, 39:1 (J-B ASHE Higher Education Report Series (AEHE))
- Handbook on Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Higher Education
- A Toolkit for College Professors
Extra resources for Advances in Latent Variable Mixture Models (Cilvr Series on Latent Variable Methodology)
Categories: College University Education